Date and place of birth: January 5th, 1975, Belgrade, Serbia
Residence: Belgrade, Serbia
University of Belgrade, School of Biology, Belgrade, Serbia
1999: BSc in Molecular Biology and Physiology.
2001: MSc in Immunology (thesis title: The influence of xenobiotics leflunomide and mycophenolic acid on inducible nitric oxide-gene expression in rat astrocytes and macrophages)
2002: PhD in Biology (Neuroimmunology) (thesis title: The role of interleukin-17 in the interaction between endothelial cells and lymphocytes).
1999: Research trainee, Laboratory for Immunology, Department of Neurobiology and Immunology, Institute for Biological Research “Sinisa Stankovic”, Belgrade
2001 – 2003: Assistant Researcher
2003 – 2008: Researcher
2006 – 2007: Post-doc position at the Max Planck Institute for Neurobiology, Martinsried, Germany at prof. Wekerle’s Department of Neuroimmunology
2008: Research Professor, Department of Immunology, Institute for Biological Research “Sinisa Stankovic”, Belgrade
2009 – 2010: Coordinator of a bilateral project founded by Serbian Ministry of Science and Education and German Academic Exhange Service. Project title: The role of the spleen in controlling T cell-mediated autoimmunity
2010: Neuroimmunology Group Leader
2010: Member of the Committee of COST Action BM1001, ECMNET, Brain Extracellular Matrix in Health and Disease
2011 – 2012: Coordinator of a bilateral project founded by Serbian Ministry of Science and Education and German Academic Exchange Service. Project title: Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis recovery mechanisms
2011: Project leader, Project title: Cellular and molecular mechanisms of recovery of rats from experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, granted by Serbian Ministry of Science and Education, grant N° 173035
2013 Member of the Managing Committee of COST Action BM1305, A FACTT, Action to Focus and Accelerate Cell-based Tolerance-inducing Therapies
2014-2015 Coordinator of a DFG Grant to Support the Initiation of International Collaboration (DFG TR 1238/21). Project title: Characterization of cell death mechanisms in the central nervous system of rats suffering from experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.
2015 Head of the Department of Immunology, Institute for Biological Research “Siniša Stanković”, Belgrade
2018-2020 Project leader, Project title: Human gut microbiota transfer for novel insights into central nervous system autoimmunity pathogenesis, granted by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Bonn, Germany
Neuroimmunology. CNS-immunе system-microbiota interaction. Tolerogenic dendritic cells in the treatment of autoimmunity. Physiological and pharmacological modulation of autoimmunity. Expertise in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, type 1 diabetes and cellular immunology.
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
1997 – 2001: Grant from the Foundation for Studies in Science and Art (Serbian Academy of Science and Art)
2006: Humboldt Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers (Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Bonn, Germany)
2008: Return Fellowship and Equipment donation (Alexander von Humboldt Foundation)
2014 Mentor of a PhD thesis entitled: “The role of nitric oxide in CXCL12 regulation in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis” that was granted “Ivan Djaja” award for the best PhD work in the field of physiology in Serbia
2014 Award of the Serbian Immunological Society for outstanding work in the field
2015 Plenary lecturer at the FEBS3+ Meeting “Molecules of Life”, Portoroz, Slovenia
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (OTHER ACTIVITIES)
A guest editor of the Frontiers in Immunology. A reviewer for the following journals: Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, Brain Research, Neuroscience Letters, Journal of Neuroscience Research, Clinical and Experimental Immunology, Cytokine, British Journal of Pharmacology, Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications, Nitric Oxide, Journal of Neurochemistry, Frontiers in Immunology, Experimental Gerontology, Journal of Neuroinflammation, Autoimmunity, Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, Journal of inorganic Biochemistry and for international grant proposals for the Broad Medical Research Program, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Grants, The Eli and Edythe L. Broad Foundation, Los Angeles, California, USA and for Wetenschappelijk Fonds Willy Gepts, UZ Brussel, Belgium.
Vice president of the Serbian Immunological Society, a member of the Serbian Biochemical Society, the Serbian Neuroscience Society, the Serbian Molecular Biology Society, the Serbian Humboldt Club, the International Society of Neuroimmunology and the American Association of Immunologists.
A lecturer at the doctoral studies at the Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade (molecular immunology, autoimmunity, neuroimmunology, immunology and evolution).
An organizer of the institutional seminar at the Institute for Biological Research “Sinisa Stankovic”.
Was a member of the Scientific Committee for Biology founded by the Serbian Ministry of Science and Education.
103 peer-reviewed papers in international peer-reviewed multi-disciplinary scientific journals, so far. 1st author in 20 publications, the last author in 22 and the corresponding author in additional 9 publications. Citations – 2458, h index– 25, i10-index – 49. Total IF 379.394, Average IF 3.683.
LIST OF RECENT PUBLICATIONS
1. Lazarević M, Mazzon E, Momčilović M, Basile MS, Colletti G, Petralia MC, Bramanti P, Nicoletti F, Miljković Đ. The H2S Donor GYY4137 Stimulates Reactive Oxygen Species Generation in BV2 Cells While Suppressing the Secretion of TNF and Nitric Oxide. Molecules. 2018 Nov 14;23(11). pii: E2966.
2. Stanisavljevic S, Dinic M, Jevtic B, Ðedovic N, Momcilovic M, Ðokic J, Golic N, Mostarica Stojkovic M, Miljkovic Ð. Gut microbiota confers resistance of Albino Oxford rats to the induction of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Front. Immunol. 2018; 9:942. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2018.00942
3. Fuchs A, Gliwiński M, Grageda N, Spiering R, Abbas AK, Appel S, Bacchetta R, Battaglia M, Berglund D, Blazar B, Bluestone JA, Bornhäuser M, Ten Brinke A, Brusko TM, Cools N, Cuturi MC, Geissler E, Giannoukakis N, Gołab K, Hafler DA, van Ham SM, Hester J, Hippen K, Di Ianni M, Ilic N, Isaacs J, Issa F, Iwaszkiewicz-Grześ D, Jaeckel E, Joosten I, Klatzmann D, Koenen H, van Kooten C, Korsgren O, Kretschmer K, Levings M, Marek-Trzonkowska NM, Martinez-Llordella M, Miljkovic D, Mills KHG, Miranda JP, Piccirillo CA, Putnam AL, Ritter T, Roncarolo MG, Sakaguchi S, Sánchez-Ramón S, Sawitzki B, Sofronic-Milosavljevic L, Sykes M, Tang Q, Vives-Pi M, Waldmann H, Witkowski P, Wood KJ, Gregori S, Hilkens CMU, Lombardi G, Lord P, Martinez-Caceres EM, Trzonkowski P. Minimum Information about T Regulatory Cells: A Step toward Reproducibility and Standardization. Front Immunol. 2018 Jan 15;8:1844. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2017.01844
4. Jevtic B, Djedovic N, Stanisavljevic S, Gasic U, Misic D, Despotovic J, Samardzic J, Miljkovic D, Timotijevic G, Anti-encephalitogenic effects of cucumber leaf extract. J Funct Food. 2017 Oct; 37:249-262. doi: 10.1016/j.jff.2017.07.060.
5. Stanisavljević S, Đedović N, Vujičić M, Saksida T, Jevtić B, Milovanović B, Momčilović M, Miljković Đ, Stojanović I. Strain-specific helper T cell profile in the gut-associated lymphoid tissue. Immunol Lett. 2017 Oct;190:282-288. doi: 10.1016/j.imlet.2017.08.017.
6. Djedović N, Stanisavljevic S, Jevtić B, Momčilović M, Lavrnja I, Miljković D. Anti-encephalitogenic effects of ethyl pyruvate are reflected in the central nervous system and the gut. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017 Sep 28;96:78-85. doi: 10.1016/j.biopha.2017.09.110.
7. Stojanovic I, Savikin K, Dedovic N, Zivkovic J, Saksida T, Momcilovic M, Koprivica I, Vujicic M, Stanisavljevic S, Miljkovic D, Menkovic N. Pomegranate peel extract ameliorates autoimmunity in animal models of multiple sclerosis and type 1 diabetes. J Funct Food. 2017 Avg; 35: 522-530. doi: 10.1016/j.jff.2017.06.021.
8. Stojanović I, Dimitrijević M, Vives-Pi M, Mansilla MJ, Pujol-Autonell I, Rodríguez-Fernandez S, Palová-Jelínková L, Funda DP, Gruden-Movsesijan A, Sofronić-Milosavljević L, Hilkens CM, Caceres EM, Miljković D. Cell-based tolerogenic therapy, experience from animal models of multiple sclerosis, type 1 diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis. Curr Pharm Des. 2017;23(18):2623-2643. doi: 10.2174/1381612823666170214120708.
9. Momčilović M, Stamenković V, Jovanović M, Andjus PR, Jakovčevski I, Schachner M, Miljković Đ. Tenascin-C deficiency protects mice from experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neuroimmunol. 2017 Jan 15;302:1-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jneuroim.2016.12.001.
10. Stanisavljević S, Lukić J, Soković S, Mihajlovic S, Mostarica Stojković M, Miljković D, Golić N. Correlation of Gut Microbiota Composition with Resistance to Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis in Rats. Front Microbiol. 2016 Dec 15;7:2005. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2016.02005.
11. Jevtić B, Djedović N, Stanisavljević S, Despotović J, Miljković D, Timotijević G. Cucurbitacin E Potently Modulates the Activity of Encephalitogenic Cells. J Agric Food Chem. 2016 Jun 22;64(24):4900-7. doi: 10.1021/acs.jafc.6b00951. Epub 2016 Jun 8.
12. Stanisavljević S, Lukić J, Momčilović M, Miljković M, Jevtić B, Kojić M, Golić N, Mostarica Stojković M, Miljković D. Gut-associated lymphoid tissue, gut microbes and susceptibility to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Benef Microbes. 2016 Jun;7(3):363-73. doi: 10.3920/BM2015.0159.
13. Trifunović D, Djedović N, Lavrnja I, Wendrich KS, Paquet-Durand F, Miljković D. Cell death of spinal cord ED1(+) cells in a rat model of multiple sclerosis. PeerJ. 2015 Aug 13;3:e1189. doi: 10.7717/peerj.1189. eCollection 2015.
14. Jevtić B, Timotijević G, Stanisavljević S, Momčilović M, Mostarica Stojković M, Miljković D. Micro RNA-155 participates in re-activation of encephalitogenic T cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015 Aug;74:206-10. doi: 10.1016/j.biopha.2015.08.011. Epub 2015 Aug 15.
15. Stanisavljević S, Jevtić B, Djedović N, Miljković D. Short term exposure to ethyl pyruvate has long term anti-inflammatory effects on microglial cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015 May;72:11-6. doi: 10.1016/j.biopha.2015.03.006. Epub 2015 Apr 5.
16. Miljkovic D, Blaževski J, Petkovic F, Djedovic N, Momcilovic M, Stanisavljevic S, Jevtic B, Mostarica Stojkovic M, Spasojevic I. A comparative analysis of multiple sclerosis-relevant anti-inflammatory properties of ethyl pyruvate and dimethyl fumarate. J Immunology 2015; 2015 Mar 15;194(6):2493-503. Epub 2015 Feb 13.
17. Petković P, Živanović J, Blaževski J, Timotijević G, Momčilović M, Stanojević Z , Stamenković V, Milošević V, Mostarica Stojković M, Miljković D. Activity, but not mRNA expression of gelatinases correlates with susceptibility to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Neurosci 2015; Feb 18;292:1-12. Epub 2015 Feb 18.
18. Blaževski J, Petkovic F, Momcilovic M, Jevtic B, Mostarica Stojkovic M, Miljkovic D. Tumor necrosis factor stimulates expression of CXCL12 in astrocytes Immunobiology. 2015 Jul;220(7):845-50. doi: 10.1016/j.imbio.2015.01.007. Epub 2015 Jan 22.
19. Momcilovic M, Mangano K, Jevtic B, Mammana S, Stošic-Grujicic S, Nicoletti F, Miljkovic D. Saquinavir-NO inhibits IL-6 production in macrophages. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2014 Dec;115(6):499-506. Epub 2014 Jun 18.
You may be interested
Tuesday August 30stine - 23 May 2022
DATE & TIME: Tuesday August 30 - 3:00pm - 4:00pm CEST ARTICLE: Identification of four novel T cell autoantigens and personal autoreactive profiles…
Tuesday June 28stine - 27 April 2022
DATE & TIME: Tuesday June 28 - 3:00pm - 4:00pm CEST ARTICLE: Twin study reveals non-heritable immune perturbations in multiple sclerosis Pub…
Tuesday May 31stine - 21 March 2022
DATE & TIME: Tuesday May 31 - 3:00pm - 4:00pm CEST ARTICLE: The lung microbiome regulates brain autoimmunityPub med: pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35197636MODERATOR: Maja Jagodic (Karolinska…